JTAG/Linux/ARM SBC advice

I'm going to get one of the ARM SBCs from

and am thinking about getting some kind of JTAG hardware to go with it (both for downloading software to the onboard Flash and for testing/debugging), but I don't know much of anything about JTAG. My development platform is Linux (both on the ARM SBC and on my desktop machine) so I need something I can use with GNU tools. I'd also like something relatively cheap (this is a hobby).

I've seen some stuff on the web, most of which sells for between $800-$1000 (some of which doesn't list a price, which must mean "if you have to ask, you can't afford it"), but there are a few things that are much cheaper (the JTAG Wiggler in the DigiKey catalog, for example, or some of the "Solderless Buffered JTAG" stuff on Ebay). What difference does the price get you, and what would be appropriate for my use?

- Jeff Dutky

Reply to
Jeffrey Dutky

Your are searching low cost solution for ARM Jtag Link, go to

Raven and Wiggler in the same hardware for only euro 149.-

Fully Macraigor (OCDemon) compatible

Larry

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!

---- See

----

Reply to
Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch