jpeg to video

We are looking for ideas on designing a SD mem chip jpeg file to
composite video viewer using an embedded uC.

We assume we have to decompress the jpeg file to some memory, resample it
to screen resolution, convert to yuv and stream it out through a yuv to
composite video chip.

What chip sets are out there that can help us along with this project?

Re: jpeg to video

Digicam chipsets have everything you need built in. Usually built
around an 8051 core (low-end) or ARM (high-end). Winbond makes some
cheap 8051-based chips with PAL/NTSC composite output.

Re: jpeg to video

That sounds right except for the "convert to yuv" part.  _most_ (but not
all) jpegs are yuv to begin with.

ttyl,

--buddy

Re: jpeg to video

Aren't the color space coefficients different between JPEG YUV and
NTSC or PAL Video YUV?? and therefore we still would need to convert to
the video color spaces?

Re: jpeg to video

yep. I can find the formulas if you want them?

Ross

Re: jpeg to video
I've done this using PCMCIA with a CPLD, 8051 and a Zorran ZR36060

Site Timeline