jpeg to video

We are looking for ideas on designing a SD mem chip jpeg file to composite video viewer using an embedded uC.

We assume we have to decompress the jpeg file to some memory, resample it to screen resolution, convert to yuv and stream it out through a yuv to composite video chip.

What chip sets are out there that can help us along with this project?

Reply to
Anchor

Digicam chipsets have everything you need built in. Usually built around an 8051 core (low-end) or ARM (high-end). Winbond makes some cheap 8051-based chips with PAL/NTSC composite output.

Reply to
larwe

That sounds right except for the "convert to yuv" part. _most_ (but not all) jpegs are yuv to begin with.

ttyl,

--buddy

Reply to
Buddy Smith

Aren't the color space coefficients different between JPEG YUV and NTSC or PAL Video YUV?? and therefore we still would need to convert to the video color spaces?

Reply to
Anchor

yep. I can find the formulas if you want them?

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

I've done this using PCMCIA with a CPLD, 8051 and a Zorran ZR36060

Reply to
colin_toogood