isolated USB

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to get galvanic isolation of a USB device (whatever it is). Do you know somewhere a company or a product or a way to get this isolation, I think that optocoplers won't fit the bandwidth.

I need such product for USB high speed or at least USB full speed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Mouarf

You can get a hub with isolation:

Leo Havmøller.

Reply to
Leo Havmøller

thanks a lot, if nearly fits the bill but it does not work for USB 2.0 but only USB1.1, does anyone know something that work for USB2.0?

Thanks in advance

Le Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:45:40 +0200, Leo Havmøller a écrit:

Reply to
Mouarf

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:14:19 +0200, Mouarf wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Please don't top post. Thank you.

Do you realize that anything that is USB 1.1 conforming and works at full speed? A USB 1.1 hub will work with USB 2.0 host and device at full speed, just not high speed.

-- Jack Klein Home:

FAQs for comp.lang.c
comp.lang.c++

Jack Klein

yes I do realize but my app needs high speed transfer to work correctly so a USB1.1 isolation is not enough for the application to work properly...

Reply to
Mouarf

It is a common misconception to think that saying USB 2.0 is the same as saying USB High Speed. It may be true that USB 1.0 and 1.1 did not have High Speed and that USB 2.0 does have high speed, but USB 2.0 also has Low Speed and Full Speed. So saying USB 2.0 says nothing about the speed.

If you need High Speed, you should say USB High Speed. It is the USB

2.0 that is then implied, not the other way around.
Reply to
rickman

Take a look at my first post, I told about High Speed...

Reply to
Mouarf

-- "I need such product for USB high speed or at least USB full speed. " ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It seems that USB 1.1 satisfies the "at least" part.

Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918

5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460 Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key." The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1

Reply to
Michael N. Moran

Pathetc.. you guys spent more time with etiquette and nitpciking than helping.

Reply to
Elan Magavi

Who says we are here to help? Our purpose is to carp and fuss about foolish misuse of usenet, such as failure to snip (horrible example above) and lack of precision. The sacrifice of at least one rooster on the block is necessary before any help can be offered. Better results are had with sheep, and even better a bull. Without us all is chaos.

--
Chuck F (cbfalconer@yahoo.com) (cbfalconer@maineline.net)
    USE maineline address!

Appologies for the "lack of precision" with my cut paste in the .sig ... that was ugly.

--
Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144    http://mnmoran.org

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

As long as that is clear.

however, you will easily find worse offenders elsewhere.

Reply to
Elan Magavi

I need USB high speed , but i'd really like to NOT say USB high speed , because it is unintuitive !!.

HIGH SPEED COMPARED TO WHAT ?!!!

Just more sales BS . Why do we let these Luddites create our language !!! This the proper way to say .............

USBh/480 = USB Host at 480bits/sec

rickman wrote:

Reply to
werty

Gosh, you could use an acoustic coupler!

Reply to
cs_posting

R U cross posting again! Everytime you do , you forget to read the text in the post !

Acoustic coupler has nothing to do with USBh/480 ... Please pay attention next time you post ....

I saw Samsungs EVAL Board ( ARM cpu , as in all PDAs ) and they wanted $1000 , now

has about same thing for

$300 !! They show a 2.5" HDD attached in a 2nd photo ....

The ARM cpu will destroy the PC and Gates and Linus ....

cs snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
werty

R U cross posting again! Everytime you do , you forget to read the text in the post !

Acoustic coupler has nothing to do with USBh/480 ... Please pay attention next time you post ....

I saw Samsungs EVAL Board ( ARM cpu , as in all PDAs ) and they wanted $1000 , now

has about same thing for

$300 !! They show a 2.5" HDD attached in a 2nd photo ....

The ARM cpu will destroy the PC and Gates and Linus ....

Bill gates did not give credit , so why should we ? He did not create anything , he bought rights ( this is unethical ,sets up motive to steal property of others ) and applied for 12,761 patents ....

cs snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
werty

You are continuing to top-post and use ridiculous shorthand, after being advised not to. I do not need to read this junk. PLONK

-- Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers

CBFalconer

Doo U have a sense of HUMOR? He was making a joke because the other poster left off the M in front of the Bits/sec.

Reply to
rickman