ISO 15693

Hi I am working on an project on RFID using ISO 15693, can you tell me where can I get the detailed information of communication using it. Also is memory architecture of the tag is involved in protocol or it depends on the manufacturer?

Reply to
Ameya

According to Wikipedia: ISO 15693 is an ISO standard for "Vicinity Cards", i.e. cards which can be read from a greater distance as compared to Proximity cards. ISO 15693 systems operate at the 13.56 MHz frequency, and offer maximum read distance of 1-1.5 metres(sp). As the vicinity cards have to operate at a greater distance, the necessary magnetic field is less (0.15 to 5 A/m) than that for a proximity card (1.5 to 7.5 A/m).

A google search gets 19,000+ hits. Can you let us know what you're not finding?

In the 6,610 google hits for "iso 15693 tag memory", I see memory sizes from 2Kbits to 80MBytes. So I'd guess the answer to your question is "yes".

G.

PS: One place to find ISO standards is

ghelbig