Is there anyone hears about "HireRight.com"?

Well done, sir!

Reply to
Kenny McCormack

But amusing - in a sick, sad, world kind of way.

Reply to
Kenny McCormack
[...]

("Here" refers to comp.lang.c.)

There may be one, but he's a notorious self-proclaimed troll whose name I won't mention. (I haven't analyzed the number of his posts that purport to be "off topic" rebukes, but I think it's a large percentage.)

I don't believe anyone else here posts as many as 50% off-topic rebukes. I post a lot of such rebukes myself (and in many cases they're not so much rebukes as reminders, along with a suggestion for a more appropriate forum), but I also post a great many technical followups. Perhaps your 90% figure was a deliberate exaggeration; if not, it's just wrong.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org
San Diego Supercomputer Center

Just to be clear, the 90% figure was not mine. I don't know who "Richard" is, but he isn't me.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

One has to love the pedants in this ng. They are even pedants when denying the existence of such....

But in all seriousness, maybe 90% was a tad too high :-; But there are some I can think of where probably well over 50% of their posts are non helpful rebukes or grasping at a chance to strut at the expense of someone else.

But come on guys - it really doesn't need 10 people to post rebukes when some poor nOOb asks something wrong or in the wrong manner.

But all this has been said before. Time & time again.

Reply to
Richard

I'm richard too! Or was that once? Err ...

Reply to
Richard

Understood. Since I was addressing points both of you had made, it was simpler to piggyback onto your followup. Sorry if I implied otherwise.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org
San Diego Supercomputer Center
Keith Thompson

Richard writes: [...]

You know perfectly well that Usenet is an asynchronous medium. It's very common for several people to post followups before any of the other followups have appeared.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org
San Diego Supercomputer Center
Keith Thompson

Is the announcement "off-topic" a real off topic post?

Reply to
dick

[signature snipped]

No. By convention, meta-discussions about topicality are considered to be topical.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org
San Diego Supercomputer Center
Keith Thompson

They are the only things that are.

Reply to
Kenny McCormack

So you can not say "off topic" on a post of "off topic".

Where is Turing?

Reply to
dick

dick wrote: [ snip ]

Italy. :-)

-- Joe Wright "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." --- Albert Einstein ---

Reply to
Joe Wright

Wearly?

-- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ /\/\/ snipped-for-privacy@phaedsys.org

Reply to
Chris Hills

Hi.. Dick what happen with you.you r the right choice for them so they have told you to fill the "hireright ".nothing to worry ,please give him your background information and hire the job.

Reply to
ajay81abhay