Is Jungo WinDriver useful for PLX 9054 driver development ?

Dear All,

I am using PLX PCI-9054 on a new compactPCI based design, the host PC is running on Windows 2000/XP, whereas the local CPU is a FPGA.

If I have already ordered PLX SDK with a working WDM driver included, is there a need for me to do any additional development work on the WDM driver ?

Is there a need to buy the Jungo WindDriver ? Jungo claimed to have ready made functions that PLX WDM driver doesn't.

Any comments are welcomed, I am a newbie into WDM driver and PLX 9054 chip.

Regards, Ding-Hean Loo.

Reply to
Loo Ding Hean

When we started doing PCI designs we used Jungo with PLX devices. The PLX SDK is has come a long and I have glady dumped Jungo. I've never even remotly missed Jungo, the PLX's SDK does every thing I need.

Jungo is very expensive to buy AND very expensive to maintain. Also, almost EVERY service pack released by Microsoft for NT or XP crashes while installing when Jungo is installed. You have to wait for Jungo to come out with a fix (if your maintenace is up to date and paid for that is) before you can install the service pack.

Jungo offers a fully functional 30 day demo (or used to any ways). Try both and see which app you like the best.

Good luck...

--
Greg Deuerling
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory