Is it worth making an 8031/32 board?

Too much, when you can get almost the same thing for under $50.

Reply to
ziggy

According to their website, Tecel's cheapest 8051 board with chips is 35 USD not 25 USD.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Not to bicker over 10 bucks, but check stock number S100-11, its listed at 25$. unpopulated its only $12.

True it cant write to EEPROM like the 35$ board, but its still their cheapest board, which was more of my point, so that he prices his 'project boards' accordingly.

I see my wording was poor in the original post, so it was easy to assume that i meant 25 for the one that had program ability. My fault on that.

Reply to
ziggy

The T1 that I was looking at is suitable for development work because, as you say, you can write to it's EEPROM whereas the S100 is intended 'only for standalone applications.' and consists of an 8051, an EEPROM, latch and RS232 driver chip. It is half the size of the T1 board. I am sure the OP could duplicate this for much less than the 35 USD he suggested.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

At the risk of revitalizing an old thread (I've been off the groups for a while): You should contact your publisher and create a book-and-card package deal or some such.

"Synergy!" as Topher Grace would say...

Rufus

Reply to
Rufus V. Smith