Is Atmel dataflash 5v safe?

Despite scouring the datasheet, I cannot find the answer to this question: Can you safely apply 5V inputs to Atmel Dataflash devices? (vcc=2.7V)

It quotes the "Absolute Max input voltage" as 6.25V, so presumably it won't blow up, but will it work?

I'm using a 5V processor and would rather like to not get involved in lots of level shifting.

--
Tim Mitchell
Reply to

I am using AT45DB041 in a 5V system. It is designed to withstand 5V on inputs... All works flawlessly...

regards

Dejan

Reply to
Dejan

Atmel's document DOC3297 describes using 3V Dataflash devices in 5 volt systems.

regards David

Reply to
dmm