Is anyone using the Lantronix Xport? Advice please.

Hello from the Eighth Doctor I have here a single Lantronix Xport. No board, nothing except the CD they supplied, plus updated odds and ends that I downloaded from their website.

Has anyone used these devices before? Can they suggest a starting point? I have a project in mind, however since when it comes to digital logic my shop is TTL at the usual levels.

--
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net
"This signature speaks Wookiee very loudly."

the

I'm just reading all the docs at the moment. It is a bit of a monster isnt it!

I havent ordered one yet, I just want to use it to talk to an 8051, since RS232 is almost a thing of the past.

A couple of things I did notice

1) it needs to be soldered down to an square inch or so of copper as a heatsink 2) You need a java compiler to comunicated to the serial port. see webMBO.doc.

quote Writing a Java applet to communicate with a serial device attached to the Device Server is very straightforward. However, you will need to be familiar with Java programming, and need a Java compiler. /quote

Another venture started.... java. any reommmendations on which complier?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

have a

at the

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Paul Urbanus

have a

at the

Hello from the Eighth Doctor Not surprisingly, I am aware of that firm. I was actually thinking of still another option. Someone completely different in fact. But they will do.