Is anyone using the Lantronix Xport? Advice please.

Hello from the Eighth Doctor
I have here  a single Lantronix Xport. No board, nothing except the CD they
supplied, plus updated odds and ends that I downloaded from their website.

Has anyone used these devices before? Can they suggest a starting point? I have
project in mind, however since when it comes to digital logic my shop is TTL at
the
usual levels.
---
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net
"This signature speaks Wookiee very loudly."

Re: Is anyone using the Lantronix Xport? Advice please.
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:51:08 GMT, in comp.arch.embedded

the
I'm just reading all the docs at the moment. It is a bit of a monster
isnt it!

I havent ordered one yet, I just want to use it to talk to an 8051,
since RS232 is almost a thing of the past.

A couple of things I did notice
1) it needs to be soldered down to an square  inch or so of copper as
a heatsink
2) You need a java compiler to comunicated to the serial port. see
webMBO.doc.

quote
Writing a Java applet to communicate with a serial device attached to
the Device Server
is very straightforward. However, you will need to be familiar with
Java programming,
and need a Java compiler.
/quote

Another venture started.... java. any reommmendations on which
complier?

martin

Re: Is anyone using the Lantronix Xport? Advice please.
The Workbench - http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/ - has a Lantronix
carrier board, XPIO3, with RS232 interface, including level translator
and DB9 connector. Price is a very reasonable - $39 assembled or $15 for
  bare PCB.

have a
at the

               <><><><><><><>   The Worlds Uncensored News Source
<><><><><><><><>

Re: Is anyone using the Lantronix Xport? Advice please.
says...
have
at
the
http://www.uncensored-news.com
Hello from the Eighth Doctor
Not surprisingly, I am aware of that firm. I was actually thinking of still
another
option. Someone completely different in fact. But they will do.
--
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net

Site Timeline