IR input

I have an IR remote control. This I got when I bought (PixelView) TV Tuner
card sometime back. Now I want to use it as a input device. How can I use
it? Any idea will be highly appreciable.

Please note that I dont have the sensor (for PC) that came with the package.
Now, What are the options for me, to have input into the PC?

Thanks and Regards,
-Neo

Re: IR input

I think that your best option would be to get a sensor. There are plenty of
schematics and free code at this address http://www.lirc.org /

Peter

Re: IR input

What type of sensor should I buy from market, any specification etc.? Which
type of interface and connector type it has for connection to the system?
Are these generic sensors?

Thanks,
-Neo

Re: IR input

Infrared Remote Solutions (www.infraredremote.com) has a couple of
inexpensive serial and USB modules as well as a zillion remote controls.

Noel

Re: IR input
Just wanted to add to Noels post - I've been using the Infrared remot
solutions modules, and they are really neat. Can be recommended.

Best regards,

/ Joseph

Re: IR input

I'm glad you like them. (I'm IRSI's external electronics and firmware
designer for many of their products (include the receiver modules)) :)

Noel

--
Noel Henson
www.noels-lab.com       Chips, firmware and embedded solutions