interfacing with system bus

Hi , I'm trying to communicate ith an IC from Infineon with MCP8548 through the system bus. In the datasheet of Serocco , there are the timing diagrams of "microprocessor interfacing for read and write" but it's quite complicated.

What i need to know the theory of this kind of read/write operation.Does it work like this?(for write operation)

1-)set the control line to write mode 2-)load the appropriate address to the address pins of cpu 3-)do the appropriate timings(put delay routines if necessary) 4-) read the data bus ?

Can any of you point me example source code/tutorial for this? Thanks

Reply to
tguclu