Interfacing AT91SAM9260 with cheap SRAM or SRAM?

I was hoping to only spend $1 to $2 for 32k SRAM (or SDRAM) to interface with the AT91SAM9260. Looking at the schematic for the AT91SAM9260 evaluation board, I can see it uses two Micron MT48LC16M16A2 32KB SDRAM chips. Looking on digikey.com and avnet.com, this chip is about $7 in quantities of 10,000, which is much too expensive for the project.

Does anyone think I will be able to find 32KB SRAM (or SDRAM) that is compatible with the AT91SAM9260, and that is around $2? I am pretty newbie-ish whenit comes to SRAM/SDRAM so this question may come off as very stupid. Thanks - mark

Reply to
Mark

The Micron chips you referred to are 32MB, not kB.

How much do you exactly need ? The MT48LC4M16A2P sells for $2.38 at digikey in 10,000 quantities, and is 8MB.

If you need kilobytes, you'll need an SRAM, since the SDRAMs aren't that small.

Reply to
Arlet

doh! thanks for your help! cant believe i foobared that, but i am happy anyway :)

Reply to
Mark