Interface Freescale MC9S08Gxx with Atmel DataFlash / Serial Flash ??

Hi, I am currently working on a project that requires me to interface an existing platform to an external memory, for additional storage. Below is a block diagram of what I intend to do.

[PC serial port] [existing platform board] [Serial Flash]

The reason of interfacing with my existing board to a serial flash is that, the current embedded flash on the MC9S08GB uC is insufficient, and hence I need to add an external Serial flash for additional storage space. I require between 1MB to 2MB for the additional space.

I came across the Atmel DataFlash, and it offers up to 128Mbit, so I am thinking of using this part for the additional storage.

Does any one know of any reference design document or tutorial, particularly for the Freescale S08 uC architecture, to interface to the Atmel (or any other serial/data flash)?

I am quite familiar with the Freescale uC, but zero knowledge on the serial flash. Really appreciate some help / advice / tips.

TIA.

Rgs, ch

Reply to
ch