interface 10 cameras to a PC.

I need to interface around 10 closed circuits cameras to a PC. I'm just a newbie in this field .Please help me out how should I procede.Should I use the USB port? Thanks

Reply to
pushpen

To quote someone else in this NG, "I need to build a nuclear reactor URGENTLY. How does a diode work?"

Buy four 4-channel CCTV-in cards, or one 16-channel card.

4-channel cards are under $50.
Reply to
larwe

Video capture at the same time, or multiplexed?

He did not say to build it, just spend the money.

If multiplexed, I would get the 4-channel card and build the external video switch. It would be more flexible in cabling, depending on the site.

Reply to
linnix