Interaction of high voltage supply with PIC12F629

I am having trouble with PIC12F629 which is supplied by an isolated
supply and M211 optoFET by Solid State Optronics also powered by same
isolated supply at higher voltage which supplies our load at constant
current. When supplying the PIC12F629 with an independent supply
without the load being supplied the PIC12F629 operates correctly, but
even when I supply the microcontroller separately, and the power
supply for our loads is on I cannot turn on the input LEDs for the
M211, i.e., the control outputs of the microcontroller does not drop
to zero to turn on the optoFET, there is 1 K in series with 5 supply
to provide turn on for the optoFET. Can anyone tell me what is going
on.

Regards,
Richard Matsui

Re: Interaction of high voltage supply with PIC12F629

This might have to do with the layout of your board. Obviously there's some
interaction between your load and the control circuitry even though you are
connected via an optical transistor.

I'm not a hardware guy but hopefully someone in the group can give some advice
on where to look for problems.

Re: Interaction of high voltage supply with PIC12F629
On 22 Nov 2004 10:34:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Richard Matsui)

It's a bit hard to tell from your description, but if you've got
isolated supplies, have a think about where the power and ground are
for each isolated section.  Remember that all the grounds aren't
necessarily at the same level.

Dan