intel xscale design

hi everyone
i have a , perhaps, silly question
i'm very interested in building my own hardware board with intel
xscale with lcd and other peripherals (and try to embed RTOS in it
after the hardware is ready, but not the main concern now)
can someone do this individually and integrate all of the component
with wirewrap or other better methods? how hard is it and any
suggestions?

Re: intel xscale design

Wire-wrap isn't viable for this type of system, you'll need a multilayer
PCB. Intel has a reference design with all the PCB manufacturing files.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
leon snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

http://ca.geocities.com/artiedc/files/1.jpg
http://ca.geocities.com/artiedc/files/2.jpg

People said it wouldnt work and it does, albeit slowly.

Problems with wire wrap are the clock edges and can you run the CPU slow
enough?

If youve got plenty of time on your hands, why not?

Cheers, Vincent