Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?

Hi Folks:
I am considering one of the Intel embedded controllers (in the 27x
family) in a new design and having trouble finding suppliers that will
sell small quantities (i.e. 1-10).  All the pointers on Intel site are
companies you have to fill out company profiles first before they will
talk to you.  Digikey, Mouser, Newark etc dont seem to carry it.  Any
pointer on were to get them?  Along the same lines, I'd be interested in
hearing any feedback from somebody that has designed with these things.
  The 1,290 page manual is a little tough to get through in an evenings
reading....but the controller does do a lot!
Thanks
John

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?
dh1283$hoq$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet02.sei.cmu.edu...

You may be interested by PXA270-based COM modules, that includes processor,
peripheral chips... and a running OS.
See for example www.compulab.co.il

Friendly yours,
Robert

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?
Looks good, but I'm not sure if this is in his price range:

X270W-EVAL Kit

The CM-X270W Computer-On-Module Evaluation Kit. Package contents:

CM-X270W-D64-F4-C520-MG-N128-B-E-AT-R
ATX-E-L-V-A-C2A-X6-Y2-Z6
DB-9 adapter & cable for COM ports (3)
Cable for I/O & VIP - 50-mil header
LCD cable and connector
Power supply 5.0V, 2A
Users' Manual
Price: 1,600 US$

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?
snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

... including one-year support, OSs, and free LCD driver customisation for
winCE or Linux for your prefered LCD. May not be a bad deal for a
professionnal project ;+)

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?

We've just gotten few nice kits from LogicPD (www.logicpd.com). They sell
PXA270 dev kit for $499, LCD would cost extra. Kits come with WinCE BSP,
full schematics, BOMS, etc. Kit contains CPU card engine which can be used
to jump start production.

Remis

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?

Feel free to contact me via email (privately). I just completed a project on
Wednesday with the PXA270 as the heart of the design.

-->Neil

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:02:31 -0700, Neil Bradley

Any chance you could tell the rest of us where you got the PXA
samples? I'm guessing not ;o)

Mike

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?

Avnet.

-->Neil

Re: Intel PXA27x controllers? where to buy?
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:59:59 -0700, Neil Bradley

Cheers!

Mike

Site Timeline