Intel 386 embedded processor

I am using Intel 386EXTC parallel port1 and have connected 8 LEDS on
P1.0-P1.7. Below is a small assembly program that I write in 512K Flash
that uses UCS as chip enable. LEDs need a high on P1.0-P1.7 to light
hence P1LTC is configured as ffh. when I power on my board, LEDs should
light up but they don't. I don't understand why? Is it something to do
with M/IO# signal. Should there be a decoding logic where Flash CE is
created from M/IO and D/C# signals? CS1 from processor is tied to SRAM.

Is it possible that I need to reconfigure address registers REMAPCFG
for expanded I/O space?

.model tiny
.386
.code