Instruction count

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can count the number of instructions or cycles between two breakpoints for the Virtex II Pro PPC?

Thanks, e.

Reply to
eascheiber

I know nothing about this processor, but if you can get an assembl listing either directly or as output from a compiler, it is possible t read it into an Excel worksheet (using the File | Open or File | Inser sequence). By creating a lookup table of the instructions it is possibl to get Excel to do the calaculation, and it can be updated as the listin evolves.

I explain how to use this approach for the 8051 in Chapter 4 of my boo "Excel by Example : A Microsoft Excel Cookbook for Electronics Engineers published by Elsevier/Newnes, ISBN 0750677562

-Aubrey Kagan

Reply to
antedeluvian