Infineon C16x device identification codes

Hi everyone

I am trying to identify what type and revision of the Infineon C16x processor family my software is running on. I am reading the IDCHIP register which according to the infineon docs returns an 8 bit CHIPID and another 8 bit revision number.

I have searched the infineo website and googled all over the place but have not found any place where there is a conclusive list with CHIPID values that infineon used in their C16x family. In some data and errata sheets I have found the values for some specific controllers but I need a list for all major versions in the C16x family.

Does anyone here know where such a list might be found on the web?

Thanks for your help /urs

--
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."
 -- Urs Beeli

Urs, I would recommend to download the user manuals of the individual derivatives,

Also have a look at the X167 User Manual v3.1: Chapter 14 The Bootstrap loader.

"This identification byte identifies the device to be booted. The following codes are defined:

55 H : 8xC166. A5 H : Previous versions of the C167 (obsolete). B5 H : Previous versions of the C165. C5 H : C167 derivatives. D5 H : All devices equipped with identification registers. Note: The identification byte D5 H does not directly identify a specific derivative. This information can in this case be obtained from the identification registers."

The C167 documentation does not contain an entry for the IDHIP SFR. The XC16x documentation however does.

Is looks as if this SFR ways introduced with the XC16x V2 core.

-- with kind regards

/jan

Urs Beeli schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: snipped-for-privacy@stinky.trash.net...

Reply to
Jan Homuth

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:23:36 +1200, Tim Simpson wrote

[snipped]

Thanks for the IDs you listed, some I have also harvested from the data sheets, some I had not yet found.

That I realised but had hoped that maybe a complete list existed somewhere so I would not need to go through dozens of data sheets.

Well, anyway, thanks for your help and for confirming my suspicion :-) /urs

--
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."
 -- Urs Beeli
Reply to
Urs Beeli

Thanks, other responses also confirm my initial suspicion that I will have to go the data sheets of each controller.

Alas, I will need to determine the chip type at run-time and not during the boot load sequence.

Unfortunately this is something I have also discovered. I'll have to see how to work around this...

Thanks for your help /urs