Industrial temperature AVR boards

I have been looking for AVR based boards to be used in real product. I'm just trying to get starting with making products using AVR-based HW. Designing and building own HW is at the moment not an option.

I have looked for example Mega128 based cards, and yes, there are dozens of them. So far I have not however found a single suitable card for industrial temperature range. (-40...+85 deg Celsius) I'm sure there must be plenty of them. If you know any, please share the information...

Integration level of the card is not that important; hopefully it is however ready to run with basic components...I can add the I/O stuff like isolations and other stuff by myself...

Pygmi

Reply to
Markku Ojala

There may not be that many of them. Doing your own card is extremely simple. I (and possibly the majority of AVR users) do them all the time. Whatever AVR cpu with whatever hardware peripheral plus some power supply and clock such that it fits an available space.

By specifying here what all you'd need we might find one that is available.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

The point is that I would like to build up some tailored products based on Mega128. I would like to use basic board that is "ready to go". HW related to I/O differs and I'm happy to add some I/O stuff like opto-couplers and relays by myself, but SW is however my interest. Not building the basic HW. If everything goes very well, maybe it is some day reasonable to have one designed by my own specs...

Pygmi

Reply to
Pygmi

So you just want a Mega128, Clock, Reset, Supply on a board with the free cpu pins on connectors ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

That would be an acceptable start as I told. Something more integrated could be even better. - like RTC - some extra nvm memory like FRAM or.. - even those opto-isolated inputs - MAX232 or alike -...

I would be happy to pay LITTLE extra even for HW, that I don't really need, if I could find a board to go with. With minimum trouble.

Pygmi

Reply to
Pygmi

I have an industrial spec data logger in production for a client, I could design you such a board to your specs if you want. For more details contact me through my website:

Mark.

Reply to
mapelec

Thanks for the offer, but the problem is that I don't expect to make enough boards to justify cost for own design. If I can't find something available, I have to say goodbye to AVR.

Just today we made decision (maybe not final) to use PC/104 based x86 HW in a project that I was planning to make using AVR.

Pygmi

contact

Reply to
Pygmi

I'd suggest to ask for customboard anyway. It is not necessarily that expensive. I'm sorry as I'm not at the Mega128 yet.

Just as sidenote : If the software is sufficiently complex and the cost pressure isn't that great, I'd favour PC104 too.

Rene

Pygmi wrote:

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

I did one for myself. It has mega128, RTC, FRAM, RS485 and two opto coupled inputs. I can send you schematic and gerber files if you need.

Reply to
Alexander Baranov

Thanks everyone for your interest so far. I have got some emails concerning the issue as well. After (I have not stopped) looking for these boards I must say that the thing that is the biggest suprise is that I found NONE really useful web pages for this sort of information. I mean non-commercial ones.

At the moment I do have some possibilities to go on.

Meanwhile, I am still greatful for any information related to my question...

Pygmi

P.S. OK, maybe most of you WANT to design/build your cards. I would also, if I had the time...Anyway, I might put a post to this newsgroup later on and tell the result.... P.S.2 Whether you are interested or not! ;-)

Reply to
Pygmi

useful

Had a look at

yet ? The mavaric or mavaric2 may suit your app ? Brian's sold quite a few mavaric boards.

For some cheap boards which also may be of use have a look at futurlec.com

swap the Atmeag163 with = Atmega16 or atmega32
just swap the chip with a = dip atmega8535 or atmega16 or atmega32

swap chip with AtTiny2313 = when available

you can use an avr = atmega8515 or at908515 or atmega162 on this board as 8515 is pin campatable with 8051

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson