Industrial temperature AVR boards

I have been looking for AVR based boards to be used in
real product. I'm just trying to get starting with making
products using AVR-based HW. Designing and building
own HW is at the moment not an option.

I have looked for example Mega128 based cards, and yes,
there are dozens of them. So far I have not however found
a single suitable card for industrial temperature range.
(-40...+85 deg Celsius)
I'm sure there must be plenty of them. If you know any, please
share the information...

Integration level of the card is not that important; hopefully
it is however ready to run with basic components...I can add
the I/O stuff like isolations and other stuff by myself...

   Pygmi

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

There may not be that many of them. Doing your own card
is extremely simple. I (and possibly the majority of AVR
users) do them all the time. Whatever AVR cpu with
whatever hardware peripheral plus some power supply
and clock such that it fits an available space.

By specifying here what all you'd need we might find one
that is available.

Rene

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

The point is that I would like to build up some tailored
products based on Mega128.
I would like to use basic board that is "ready to go".
HW related to I/O differs and I'm happy to add
some I/O stuff like opto-couplers and relays by myself,
but SW is however my interest. Not building the
basic HW.
If everything goes very well, maybe it is some day
reasonable to have one designed by my own specs...

   Pygmi

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

So you just want a Mega128, Clock, Reset, Supply on a board
with the free cpu pins on connectors ?

Rene

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

That would be an acceptable start as I told.
Something more integrated could be even better.
 - like RTC
 - some extra nvm memory like FRAM or..
 - even those opto-isolated inputs
 - MAX232 or alike
 -...

I would be happy to pay LITTLE extra even for HW,
that I don't really need, if I could find a board to go with.
With minimum trouble.

   Pygmi

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards
I have an industrial spec data logger in production for a client, I could
design you such a board to your specs if you want. For more details contact
me through my website:

www.mapelectronics.co.uk

Mark.

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards
Thanks for the offer, but the problem is that I don't
expect to make enough boards to justify cost for own design.
If I can't find something available, I have to say goodbye to AVR.

Just today we made decision (maybe not final) to use PC/104
based x86 HW in a project that I was planning to make using AVR.

    Pygmi

contact

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards
I'd suggest to ask for customboard anyway.
It is not necessarily that expensive.
I'm sorry as I'm not at the Mega128 yet.

Just as sidenote : If the software is sufficiently complex and
the cost pressure isn't that great, I'd favour PC104 too.

Rene

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

Thanks everyone for your interest so far. I have got some emails
concerning the issue as well.
After (I have not stopped) looking for these boards I must say that
the thing that is the biggest suprise is that I found NONE really useful
web pages for this sort of information. I mean non-commercial ones.

At the moment I do have some possibilities to go on.

Meanwhile, I am still greatful for any information related to my
question...

         Pygmi

P.S. OK, maybe most of you WANT to design/build your cards.
I would also, if I had the time...Anyway, I might put a post to this
newsgroup later on and tell the result....
P.S.2 Whether you are interested or not! ;-)

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

Had a look at www.bdmicro.com yet ?
The mavaric or mavaric2 may suit your app ?
Brian's sold quite a few mavaric boards.

For some cheap boards which also may be of use
have a look at futurlec.com

http://www.futurlec.com/ATMegaControlBoard.shtml
http://www.futurlec.com/ATMegaDevBoard.shtml swap the Atmeag163 with =
Atmega16 or atmega32
http://www.futurlec.com/AT8535DevBoard.shtml just swap the chip with a =
dip atmega8535 or atmega16 or atmega32

http://www.futurlec.com/ATDevBoard.html swap chip with AtTiny2313 =
when available
http://www.avrfreaks.com/Tools/showtools.php?ToolID3D%503

http://www.futurlec.com/AT89C52Controller.shtml you can use an avr =
atmega8515 or at908515 or atmega162
on this board as 8515 is pin campatable with 8051

http://www.futurlec.com/DevelopmentBoards.html
http://www.futurlec.com/BasicControllers.html

Alex

Re: Industrial temperature AVR boards

I did one for myself. It has mega128, RTC, FRAM, RS485 and two opto
coupled inputs. I can send you schematic and gerber files if you need.

Site Timeline