IDEs for MCF5270

We are beginning the development of an embedded system based on the
Freescale MCF5270 family.

Question 1) - Any experience with that processor anyone is willing to
share???
Question 2) - We are looking for a suitable IDE, compiler, etc.
Freescale obviously suggests Metrowerks. We are also looking at the
Precise MQX, Quadros RTXC, Blunk TargetOS, KADAKAMX, MD SMX, and
ATINucleus.

I have worked with several of these years back. I have also searched
the usenet archives here on Google. But this being usenet, some of the
comments reach back 10 years and many have little to do with the issue
in question. 10 years is a bit far to evaluate a current product.

Will anyone comment on their selected IDE for our environment. Or
their success generally with our selected products.............

Re: IDEs for MCF5270
Netburner is currently Beta Testing our MCF5270 solution.

This is the Normal Netburner solution with compiler, linker, debugger, RTOS,
TCP/IP, and  hardware reference design..

If you are not familiar with netburner take a look at our website.
www.netburner.com

Te site  a reviews  our tools and offerings. The 5270 stuff is not yet ready for
official publicity.
so it is not yet covered on the web site.

You can either purchase hardware modules from us, or purchase a design license
from us.
Both  include tools, RTOS TCP/IP and hardware reference design.

You can also google for past netburner Threads on comp.arch.embedded

Try Google groups for
"ColdFire tool recommendations?"  the Nov 18 thread.
"Netburner modules in real products?" the Aug 18th thread. (Read the whole
thread)
"cheapest embedded processor with built in ethernet controller? " My response
talks about the 5270 dated 9/14/04

Paul
CTO Netburner.

Re: IDEs for MCF5270
Any idea when it would be ready or how satisfactory the process is?

-Eleanor

TCP/IP, and  hardware reference design..
www.netburner.com
for official publicity.
from us.
thread)
talks about the 5270 dated 9/14/04

Re: IDEs for MCF5270

We built a small batch of 5270 modules last month.
We have finished the evaluation of this batch and have just ordered the
beta production run.  These should be ready for beta distribution in 4-6 weeks.
The tools will be ready for beta release then as well.
(Realize these are our fully released tools, the only beta part is the 5270 BSP)

We will release 25 to 30 units as beta development kits.
Existing customers have first shot at the beta units.

Production unit availiblity will depend on quantity silicon availiblity.

Paul

TCP/IP, and  hardware reference design..
www.netburner.com
for official publicity.
license from us.
thread)