IDE protocols

i'm going to go for a test

wiring diode into 5v line of hard disk power, and hoping it still functions as advertized, the 4.4v logic max, will then interface thru altera santa clara connector to LVTTL inputs.

I need a good pointer to IDE protocols in order to boot from hard disk, and read write using LBA mode. software will control strobing of data, as no DMA needed at present.

good IDE protocol reference anyone?

cheers

Reply to
jacko

I found this with 2 minutes of google searching:

Google is your friend.

Reply to
ghelbig