IDE disk on AT91RM9200 Board

I need to tack an IDE drive interface onto an ARM uC (Atmel AT91RM9200), so
I can have an ATAPI CD-ROM and hard drive.  I'm looking for opinions on the
"most Linux compatible" way to do this.  My belief, looking at the IDE code,
is that mapping the IDE port into a single location in the ARM's memory with
a 16-bit latch and transceiver could work with a minimal kernel hack to
identify the address.  Anyone care to give me a sanity check?  Thanks.

Re: IDE disk on AT91RM9200 Board
Hi,
Hmmm I thought that the flash card I/F could be used for this too

rg,
jk

so
the