I2C temperature sensors

I am looking at I2C bus temperature sensors and I have found a couple. The TI TMP101 comes in a SOT23 package and has a tristate pin for address selection with an ALERT output. But this part is being used here on a new design and they are having a problem with it correctly responding to the right address when the address pin is left open. We don't know if this is because of excessive circuit noise or if the chip is overly sensitive.

I also found a National LM73 which seems to be a very similar part in the same package, but with a different pinout. It also has the same tri-state pin for address selection. Anyone know if this part would have the same problem?

Of course I don't know if our bad experience is because of the design or the chip, that is why I am asking here is anyone else has seen the same problem or has used these parts successfully.

Reply to
rickman

Have you looked at Microchip's parts? They don't have an address pin at all (in SOT-23-5) so maybe the problem designs itself out.

Reply to
larwe

Sorry, specific part: MCP9800. Available with two different hardwired addresses.

Reply to
larwe

Also looking for i2c or can bus sensors.

Temp , relative humidity , CO2 , CO and particulate / dust.

Currently using analog sensors but are making the system to complicated.

Can you guys suggest any where that does online sales in small quantities ?

Sensors by themselves or in sensor packages/boxes.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Check out DigiKey.com (in U.S.). They'll sell you DalSemi/Maxim digital temperature sensors (e.g. DS1620 ??) in quantity 1.

Dunno about the other types of sensors you mentioned.

--
Michael
Reply to

For temperature / humidity sensors, see .

Be warned: the protocol is nearly I2C, except that the start sequence is different. The Sensirion people did not deny it when I asked whether the change is due to avoiding the Philips' patents.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

I am interested in sensirion sensors but can the sensor co-exist with standard i2c devices in same bus or I need to 'setup' a second bus for the sensors only?

BTW I am using a software master so I can do every weird thing

Reply to
mmm