I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

I am looking for a cost-effective 128x64 graphics LCD module, with or without backlighting, that has a SPI or I2C interface to the controller. All the ones I can find have a parallel interface. Is there such a thing as a low-cost serial LCD siaply module?

Reply to
Ian McBride

3 Choices: Direct modules with i2c are not commonly offered, but are widely used in european cellphones. For pinouts look here:

Matrix Orbital combine standard graphics modules with a micro. This makes them more like a terminal than a graphics LCD, but they aren't inexpensive.

The BL301 is a low cost interface IC for driving standard alphanumeric LCD's and 7 segment LED & LCD numeric modules from I2C. (modules and boards are also available)

It doesn't drive graphics modules however.

Simon

simon

GREAT SITE. I wish I had been able to find this earlier. The Ericsson T68 LCD looks like the ideal part for this little project I'm trying to prototype. The only difficulty being the command set :/

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Here is for nokia 7110 LCD

Rolf R Bakke

Hi Rolf,

Thanks - I knew of your page - but I am trying to prototype a product that needs grayscale (in one version) and color (in a different version) display, mono will not do :(

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Thanks for the link..

I also know this one :

does anyone know if the controller on the Nokia 5510 LCD is the same as the 3310 ? on Nokia manuals, the interface description seems to be the same, but I can't find any info about the incorporated controller in the 5510.. thanks.

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.broadpark.no...

Reply to
valdef

3310 ?

find any info about

The 5510 has the same LCD controller as the 3310.

Reply to
Rolf R Bakke

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.broadpark.no...

3310 ?

find any info about

good news.. thanks a lot.

Reply to
valdef

Rolf R Bakke wrote: : Here is for nokia 7110 LCD

:

Rolf,

Are there other Nokia (or other phones) that have the same LCD/controller as the 7110? i.e. the Nokia 3390.

--
Greg Holdren
greg (dot) holdren (at)  (dot) com

That I don't know, sorry

Reply to
Rolf R Bakke

Scott Edwards Electronics

has a couple of serial text/graphics displays but they're based on RS232.

If you are prepared to build your own I2C interface, you could use a couple of Philips PCF8574 (second sourced by TI I think) remote 8 bit I/O port for the I2C bus. One could be used for the parallel data bus, and the other for the control lines, and able to turn the display on or off. The PCF8574 chips also have the ability of sending an interrupt to the controller to indicate that a pin has changed state. Of course, you'd have to obtain your own display and interface the devices to your project.

--
Regards
David