I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

I am looking for a cost-effective 128x64 graphics LCD module, with or
without backlighting, that has a SPI or I2C interface to the controller.
All the ones I can find have a parallel interface.  Is there such a thing as
a low-cost serial LCD siaply module?

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

3 Choices:
Direct modules with i2c are not commonly offered, but are widely used
in european cellphones. For pinouts look here:

http://sandiding.tripod.com/Bertys.html

Matrix Orbital combine standard graphics modules with a micro. This
makes them more like a terminal than a graphics LCD, but they aren't
inexpensive.

The BL301 is a low cost interface IC for driving standard alphanumeric
LCD's and 7 segment LED & LCD numeric modules from I2C. (modules and
boards are also available)

http://www.i2cchip.com/bl301_product_brief.pdf

It doesn't drive graphics modules however.

Simon

http://www.i2cchip.com

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

GREAT SITE. I wish I had been able to find this earlier. The Ericsson
T68 LCD looks like the ideal part for this little project I'm trying
to prototype. The only difficulty being the command set :/

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module
Here is for nokia 7110 LCD

http://home.broadpark.no/~rrbakke /

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module
Hi Rolf,

Thanks - I knew of your page - but I am trying to prototype a product
that needs grayscale (in one version) and color (in a different
version) display, mono will not do :(

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module
Thanks for the link..

I also know this one :
http://users.skynet.be/bk317494 /

does anyone know if the controller on the Nokia 5510 LCD is the same as the 3310
?
on Nokia manuals, the interface description seems to be the same, but I can't
find any info about
the incorporated controller in the 5510..
thanks.

<modellfly at hotmail dot com (Rolf R Bakke)> a écrit dans le message de news:
snipped-for-privacy@news.broadpark.no...

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

3310 ?
find any info about

The 5510 has the same LCD controller as the 3310.

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

<modellfly at hotmail dot com (Rolf R Bakke)> a écrit dans le message de news:
snipped-for-privacy@news.broadpark.no...
3310 ?
find any info about

good news.. thanks a lot.

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module
: Here is for nokia 7110 LCD

: http://home.broadpark.no/~rrbakke /

Rolf,

Are there other Nokia (or other phones) that have the same LCD/controller
as the 7110? i.e. the Nokia 3390.

--
Greg Holdren
greg (dot) holdren (at) <initials of company> (dot) com

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

That I don't know, sorry

Re: I2C/SPI LCD Display Module

Scott Edwards Electronics (www.seetron.com) has a couple of serial text/graphics
displays but they're based on RS232.

If you are prepared to build your own I2C interface, you could use a couple of
Philips PCF8574 (second sourced by TI I think) remote 8 bit I/O port for the I2C
bus. One could be used for the parallel data bus, and the other for the control
lines, and able to turn the display on or off. The PCF8574 chips also have the
ability of sending an interrupt to the controller to indicate that a pin has
changed state. Of course, you'd have to obtain your own display and interface
the devices to your project.

--

Regards
David