I2c slaves at different clocks

Hi,

My question is a very basic one. Can an I2C Master run a slave at 100 kz and another slave at 400 khz?

Thank you, Sharaf

Reply to
sajeera

No, because the timing violates the requirements of the 100 kHz slave, its behavior becomes undefined. If this results in random bit errors, it may occasionally find its own address on the bus, and perform random commands.

Reply to
Arlet Ottens

You are right when that slave can only handle 100kHz (this information is missing in the original post). But when both slaves can at least handle

400kHz, you can run one at 100kHz the other at 400kHz, no problem. Why you would want to do that is another matter.
Stef