I2C Address assignment

Can anyone suggest a resource for choosing an apropriate address range
for an I2C slave device, given a function?  I will be implementing a
transmitter for a wireless link.

Thanks,
Thad

Re: I2C Address assignment

I'm afraid you'll need to register for one, see Philips' web site for how
to do this (e.g. you can't just pick one).

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N29B25076

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: I2C Address assignment

The addresses are not published - this is about the only way for Philips to
control the bus usage.

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: I2C Address assignment

As mentioned in other postings - if you want to be compliant with existing
ic standards, patents and license terms you need to register with Philips
and they will assign an address to your application.

implementing a

It is common practice for devices to allow for alternative address settings.
You might - depending on your application - be able to let the user decide
on the address by for instance setting a pin to high or low.
/Roland