I need an 8051 core based chip with RTC... SUGGESTIONS?

I really want one with all of the bells and whistles but I have been out of this for awhile and am not familiar with what is available now.

I have to stay with the 8051xxxx family.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Reply to
justme

This is because of some compiler tool? Or is it because of the bus interface? Or?

In any case, the ones that come immediately to mind is the Cygnal/SiLabs (used to be Cygnal which was a startup closely tied to key Texas Instruments folks and then got sold to Silicon Labs, I think) line of 8051's and the Atmel AT89 series, which I recall as being an 8051 core. So, those two companies are a start, anyway.

Some of the 8051's will not support the bus interface to external memory, preferring to embed flash into the part, for example. (Bonding out lots of pins for a memory bus that isn't needed is expensive for both the manufacturer and for the buyer.) But some do. So if you need that, look for it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Look here -

, a few (eg. C805F410) have on-chip RTC module...

Reply to
while(1);

Lots of material and discussions regarding all things about 8051/8052

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
http://www.carousel-design.com
Reply to
Michael Karas

The LPC900 family from NXP is 80C51 based too. Silabs offers many options as mentioned before. One very special chip with an 8051 core is PSoC 3 from Cypress. Runs up to 67 MHz, has a combination of digital and analog subsystems and can be pretty much freely configured to your needs. The catch: still a bit hard to get.

An Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA

Thanks, Jon.

Well, it is my preference and my compilers.

I appreciate the input and I will check those out.

Joe

Reply to
justme

Great. While ().

I will check this out, too.

Joe

Reply to
justme

Michael,

I have that link but forgot to go there.

Also, any embedded mags besides Circuit Celler and Nuts and Volts.

Thanks again, Michael.

Joe

Reply to
justme

Fantastic, An.

You guys have really come through for me.

I will check on ur suggestions, An.

Joe

Reply to
justme

There are a couple of the Dallas Semiconductor (now part of Maxim) parts with real time clocks.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

Okay, Mark.

Thanks.

I went there but it seems that the ones with RTC did not have much flash or ram. I will recheck.

Joe

Reply to
justme