I-cache miss rate

Hi there,

I am trying to understand the performance of the MIPS 5K processor on
my board. This processor has hardware counters available on the
processor. When I calculate a Cache miss, then what is it that I have
to use as reference - Instructions Fetched or Instructions Executed?
When the processor is trying to
fetch instructions then that would also result in Cache misses, so
shouldn't we take Instructions Fetched as the reference for
calculating a I-Cache miss rate. I apologize for a naive question.
Could someone point me to some article or earlier performance
measurements done, so that I understand this better.

Kris

Re: I-cache miss rate
Use Fetched. Otherwise your prog stopped !
- Henry

skris_b schrieb in Nachricht ...