html page for pocket pc

hi i've been assigned this task of developing some html pages for a
pocket pc. can anyon help or suggest someeplacce where i can get some
guidelines.

Re: html page for pocket pc

Try posting this question in:

    microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

-Robert Scott
 Ypsilanti, Michigan

Re: html page for pocket pc
thanks a lot
but where do i get the guidelines for this development? b'coz i would
be creating these pages  on a pc then transfering. besides these pages
already exist for a normal pc. basically i am transfering my
application to a pocket pc.
so i need guidelines to facilitate this transfer.
shreya

Re: html page for pocket pc

It's still a Microsoft question: both the desktop PC and
the Pocket PC are running on Microsoft software - right?

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: html page for pocket pc
thats fine but how can Microsoft provide dvelopment guidelines for an
html deevelopment

Re: html page for pocket pc

Guidlines on what subject?  Writting HTML, transferring them onto the Pocket
PC, layout style, development tools, etc., etc.

Re: html page for pocket pc
Yes its like more ofwriting html and details of designing the GUI.
keeping in mind that we already have an application running on the
desktop. Which should be similar.

Re: html page for pocket pc

I suspect you may have a fundamental misconception of what HTML is. It is
not a programming language, and it is platform-independent: it's simply a
page description language. Well-written HTML (e.g. HTML 4.01 with CSS, with
due attention paid to the Web Accessibility Guidelines on the W3C site)
should work [1] on any decent, modern browser.

FWIW, I do PocketPC development and I also write HTML. My pages display
perfectly well on the PocketPC.

Alternatively, perhaps I've misunderstood what you're trying to do?

[1] ... certain bugs and inadequacies in the current browsers
notwithstanding ;).

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

Site Timeline