html page for pocket pc

hi i've been assigned this task of developing some html pages for a pocket pc. can anyon help or suggest someeplacce where i can get some guidelines.

Reply to
shreya

Try posting this question in:

microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan

Reply to
Robert Scott

thanks a lot but where do i get the guidelines for this development? b'coz i would be creating these pages on a pc then transfering. besides these pages already exist for a normal pc. basically i am transfering my application to a pocket pc. so i need guidelines to facilitate this transfer. shreya

Reply to
shreya

It's still a Microsoft question: both the desktop PC and the Pocket PC are running on Microsoft software - right?

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

thats fine but how can Microsoft provide dvelopment guidelines for an html deevelopment

Reply to
shreya

Guidlines on what subject? Writting HTML, transferring them onto the Pocket PC, layout style, development tools, etc., etc.

Reply to
Richard

Yes its like more ofwriting html and details of designing the GUI. keeping in mind that we already have an application running on the desktop. Which should be similar.

Reply to
shreya

I suspect you may have a fundamental misconception of what HTML is. It is not a programming language, and it is platform-independent: it's simply a page description language. Well-written HTML (e.g. HTML 4.01 with CSS, with due attention paid to the Web Accessibility Guidelines on the W3C site) should work [1] on any decent, modern browser.

FWIW, I do PocketPC development and I also write HTML. My pages display perfectly well on the PocketPC.

Alternatively, perhaps I've misunderstood what you're trying to do?

[1] ... certain bugs and inadequacies in the current browsers notwithstanding ;).

Steve

Steve at fivetrees