howto access BIOS using serial line

hi,

i've got an ICP wafer 4821 SBC. the board has an 486 CPU and an AMI-BIOS but no VGA connector. i managed to boot the board from a DOS floppy and can access it using CTTY COM1:. this is fine to work with the board, however now i need to change some bios setting - in the manual they simply say to access the bios during booting - however since no VGA connector is available - i'm a bit lost how to do this :-(.

does anybody know how the bios settings can be changed? i tried to use amisetup from the serial DOS boot disk, but this doesn't work.

thanks, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas S. Krebs

I don't have any reference handy, but if I remember right, the BIOS (well, it's non-volatile data in the CMOS) can be accessed somehow at any time via I/O ports 0x70..0x7F.

but no

access it

bios

lost

amisetup

Reply to
aurgathor

do you know of any program for linux or dos that can be used to do this? also do you have any documentation what values are for an amibios?

Reply to
Andreas S. Krebs