How to see printf() or Putchar() output in HEW simulator

Just created a project as type "application" and added a printf() call in main(). Executed this code in "M16C R8C Simulator" as Target.

I referred M16C Compiler Guide chapter "6.4 Using printf for Debugging" and followed the steps to print the output in [View -> CPU -> Output Port]. The settings are same as mentioned in the guide but there is not output seen in output port window?

I tried using Uart 0 and uart 1 and also Hex/Text output types but still no output in this window is seen. When i used Virtual port out to display the output it works (prints on output port) but not using Uart 1/uart 0?

Do i need to include any other file in project, or any setting which is required for printf() to print?

I am using: HEW= Version 4.09 Tool chain= 5.45.01 Debug format = IEEE695_RENESAS format which outputs .x30 file

Please advise. Thanks.

emcodec