How to learn to program parallel flash?

Hi,to all

i have built a kind of...thing with the purpose to program a Flash memory from PC parallel via a CPLD

The Cpld i used is a Xilinx xc95144 and the flash that i got scraped from surplus(maybe a dvd) is HY29LV160

I did the programming software in visual basic,and it looks that i can read correctly the Flash,at least i can read ascii strings and so on

Well,i can't understand this stuff about unlock cycles,unlock bypass and so on

what is ,for example a "command"?What is that makes it distinguishible from a data or an address?

In few words,can anybody reccomand me a link explaining in a more newbie fashion way how to treat with such devices(28F family included)?

Many thanks to you all

Have a nice weekend Diego Milan, Italy

listen to my experiment to transpose an old Dire Straits's hit in salsa at

blisca

Commands are nothing more than defined writes to the part. Give it the correct sequence of writes with the specified data to the specified addresses and the chip will erase itself for example.

Don't have anything for you. I've always used the SST parts and their datasheets without much trouble.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Thank you for reply so quickly Jim!

Reply to