How to Interface microcontroller with Mobile using USB

I am doing a project where I need an interface between mobile phone and microcontroller. Actually I need to process text message on microcontroller. The mobile phone has USB output, and I found that PIC18F4550 has USB input, but both of the device acts as slave not as host. I also found that some mobile phones like Nokia 6610, Nokia 6610i and, Nokia 6210 have serial port which I can interface with microcontroller like 8051 etc, but I am not planning to use them, so I am looking for microcontroller to work as a USB host to get text sms from mobile phones and process them. Is there any way to solve my problem ?

Thank you for your help!

Regards, Ram

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

rememberramu

The Atmel AVR USB1287 has USB-on-the-go which means that it can work as host and device (not at the same time off course). You can buy it on a little board called the USB Key which is very handy and not expensive.

Good luck with Your project! Sincerely, Rene

Reply to
Rene

host.

phones

I found that PIC24F series can also do that, have you ever used it ? What is your experience ?

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

rememberramu

t.

/

Get a GSM module

USB Host is hard to get done correctly and expensive, and as far as i know there is no standard on USB interface from mobile phones.

Reply to
bigbrownbeastie

I am sorry, I have no experience with PIC's.

Good luck! Rene

Reply to
Rene