how to initialize the CAN in the network

hi everybody!

       I am recently joined member of this group. Currently i have been
assigned in a   project by the name CAN speedometer using fujitsu
MB90F450 series Controller. Any of  you please suggest me on this
project,  that is  how to initialize the CAN in the network,
transmitting data(both extended and standard), setting the bit timing
and reception of datas. and also  where can i get the J1939 standard
for Fujitsu F2MC-16LX  family.here i have the softune IDE.

Thanks in advance
Panchatcharam M

Re: how to initialize the CAN in the network
On 9 Jan 2006 23:37:03 -0800 in comp.arch.embedded, "Charan"

I'm unfamiliar wiht the chip.

There are two issues: What are the parameters for your network, and
how do you set your chip to use those parameters.  The latter is found
in your chip's datasheet.  The former only you can know.  Although the
J1939 standard will help.  Bosch had an excellent paper describing bit
timings somwhere out there on the web.  J1939 is 250 kHz, but that
doesn't tell you all you need to know about bit timing.

J1939 is a standard for vehicle networks, and is available (for a
price) from SAE.  There's no other (legal) way to get it.  It is not
specific to your chip, or any chip for that matter.  You can save a
lot of work by buying J1939 code from a third party, like
Vector-Cantech.  Your IDE is the least of your worries.  There is much
for you to learn.

Try looking at the can-cia web site.  A lot of basic information you
need to know is there, and it might get you off in the right
direction.

Regards,
                                        -=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: how to initialize the CAN in the network

There's

   http://www.semiconductors.bosch.de/pdf/CiA99Paper.pdf

which I think is the one you are referring to.  The CAN 2.0 spec is at

   http://www.algonet.se/~staffann/developer/can2spec.pdf

   ~Dave~

Re: how to initialize the CAN in the network

A collection of links is provided among other stuff at
http://www.can-wiki.info

Heinz

Re: how to initialize the CAN in the network
hi dave!

   Thank you for your  valuable  suggestions on CAN. i'll have the
detailed study on those things and then post message if i have any
doubt

Regards
Charan

Re: how to initialize the CAN in the network

As far as I remember you can find some example code for handling the Fujitsu
CAN module on the Fujitsu web site. The bit time calculation, obtaining the
values for the CAN controllers bit timing registers, can easily be
performed using the form at
http://www.port.de/engl/canprod/sv_req_form.html (the Philips table can be
used for Fujitsu).
J1939 is independent from any specific hardware manufacturer. Try to get the
standard from the SAE http://www.sae.org/products/j1939a.htm

regards
  Heinz

Re: how to initialize the CAN in the network
hi dave!

   Thank you for your  valuable  suggestions on CAN.

Regards
Charan

Site Timeline