How to connect USB keyboard to embedded device? - Page 3

Re: How to connect USB keyboard to embedded device?
I understand how designing a USB host that will support multiple
devices like a PC would is a daunting task indeed.  But after designing
a few USB devices, it would seem a USB Host that only supports a
specific device (like a keyboard) wouldn't be incredibly difficult.

Host would have to:
-Wait for device detection (change of state on the D+ and D- lines)
-Read out descriptor from endpoint
-if (Endpoint != Keyboard)
-  Ignore
-else
-  start polling the endpoint where the keyboard data comes out.

The only BIG problem I see is the physical interface electronics,
because no one makes a physical interface only. In addition, no one
makes a simple host uC with the physical interface built in.  Any
thoughts or comments on this?

-J

Re: How to connect USB keyboard to embedded device?

How about the makers of pxa270, at91rm9200 and ep9315?  Are they nobody
making no USB hosted micro?