how to compile code with GNU ARM for a Atmel AT91SAM7X?

Hi - I was wondering if anybody could help me out with compiling code for an Atmel AT91SAM7X with GNU ARM? First off - do I have to make my own include file? Or can I download that somewhere? Also - what command would I use to compile code with it? I'm much more used to WinAVR where I can just tell it to compile and it takes care of all the command line parameters for me... Also - how do I tell it to load code into the RAM and execute it from there, instead of just running off of the flash?

Thanks for your help!

-Michael J. Noone

Reply to
Michael J. Noone

Have you read the eclipse and gnu arm tutorial ?

They are for the Philips lpc2xxx arm7 chips but take you through setting up and using gccarm with eclipse ide.

Also read up on how to use make files.

There is also a yahoo group

also gnuarm group

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

No, I hadn't seen these.

what parts of the tutorial won't apply to using an AT91SAM7X? I'm assuming the Philips programming utility. But what about the Macraigor OCDremote Utility? Also, where can I find a header file for an AT91SAM7X? And what programmer would work for an AT91SAM7X? I think I'm going to get some sort of JTAG cable.

Thanks,

-Michael

Reply to
Michael J. Noone

Oops - forgot to ask, is the INSIGHT Graphical Debugger compatible with the Atmel chip, or is it Philips only? Best regards,

-Michael

Alex Gibs> > Hi - I was wondering if anybody could help me out with compiling code

Reply to
Michael J. Noone

insight is a frontend to gdb. It knows nothing of Philips or Atmel, it works with the ARM core - peripherals are your problem.

Reply to
larwe