how to choose the bus topology

I want to control a system including DSP+FPGA+FLASH+ADC+sensor by USB port, program all chips by USB . what kind of bus shall i use? is there any reference design projects online?

thanks!

Reply to
leelsuc

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:22:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Haven't you already said you are going to use the Universal Serial Bus?

Try to ask your question more clearly.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

how many clients can I have without using a hub?

Reply to
leelsuc

It is possible to use USB port on host and non-USB bus to control subsystems on FPGA, isn't it?

Reply to
Vagant

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 03:31:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

One for each port on the host. USB does not daisy chain, you need one output on a host or hub for each device you want to connect.

Reply to
Jack Klein

USB (as universal serial bus) ist the worst possible solution for an embedded device as it is far less universal than thinkable. Try a USB host without a PC of the current version. Who do you think is talking about USB in 15 years ? Remember the 5.25 er floppies still to be seen in less recent scopes and such.

The technology should be a bit more open than it is.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar