Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- How to build your optical "mouse"?
- Luke Andy
August 12, 2005, 11:48 pm
rate this thread
Re: How to build your optical "mouse"?
Use a surveillence camera. Same principle as optical mouse, just use a black
& white camera.
Much easier for a tiny digital camera to 'see' different brightnesses of red
(as in optical mouse) than to differentiate between colours and
brightnesses, etc. So use a black and white cam, nice bright red or infrared
lighting for it to "see" better, stick a filter over the camera and it's
even easier, as it's only picking up different shades, not diff colours &
brightness/saturation/whatever for each colour. Just red, shades from black
- » X-FAB First Semiconductor Foundry to Achieve IATF-16949 Quality Certification
- — Newest thread in » Embedded Programming
- » Even Tesla Missed This Low Hanging Fruit Calculation
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Hobby Electronics Basics