How to access the serial port?

Hii,

I want to know that how to access the serial port of the board?

As we use the serial port of the pc with the node /dev/ttyS0, bu here in the Ramdisk given with the board, there is no kind of node, whic access the serial board of the port, can anybody please help me to know that how to access this serial port in the board?

Thanks, Nishant

Reply to
Nishant

Are we supposed to know what board you're talking about?

You need to create one.

Create the proper device file (assuming you're using the standard serial driver, that would be major 4, minor 64, IIRC.)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Look! A ladder! Maybe
                                  at               it leads to heaven, or

Assuming Linux: what does cat /proc/devices say, look for the serial and mknod.

Risto

Reply to
Risto Sainio