How many times can you write to an AVR?

Hi - I was just wondering - is there a limited number of times that you can
write to an AVR? Thanks,

Michael

Re: How many times can you write to an AVR?
can

Hi,

The ATmega8 datasheet says on the first page...

8K Bytes of In-System Self-Programmable Flash

Endurance: 10,000 Write/Erase Cycles

512 Bytes EEPROM

Endurance: 100,000 Write/Erase Cycles

Most of the devices are similar. You would have to check each datasheet to
be sure.

Bryan
--
Bryan Whitehouse - Software Engineer
Embedded Results Ltd.

Those are guaranteed limits, but in practise it can be much higher.
Have to accept the odd fallout though
In a test, parts would reprogram themselves millions of times.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

I think it might be misleading to say "most" here.  The previous
generation (atmega163, etc.) guaranteed only 1,000 cycles for flash, and
many of these are still in production with their original process and
specification.  The 100,000 for the EEPROM has been the case for as long
as I can remember.

Re: How many times can you write to an AVR?
can

Ever heard of datasheets?

Meindert

Re: How many times can you write to an AVR?

Nope. What are those?

Re: How many times can you write to an AVR?

:-)

Site Timeline