How FM receiver decide channels frequency?

Hi All,

When FM receiver scan channels, it is doing SNR thresholding job ?

so... FM receiver has a AD to calculate the audio quality ??

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

calculate the carrier frequency. i don't understand you quite wll,the above is just my opinion.

Reply to
youyou

calculate the carrier frequency.

Thanks, I want to know FM recevier can do auto channel selection.

How it know this frequency has a station.

Due to FM get a main tone ? so if FM player can do auto channel selection that means it is calculating its tone ?

Boki.

Reply to
Boki

No. It weights the high frequency noise after the FM discriminator.

All that needed is HPF, detector and comparator. That is already included in the receiver IC.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Look for RSSI

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Don't know about the audio "quality" - FM is mostly political-extremist talk radio nowadays.

Now for a technical answer. What I would do is look for a strong pilot tone at 19 khz in the IF product. Technically, that will only be transmitted by stations providing compliant FM stereo, but I think all US FM stations are stereo by now.

Reply to
pomerado