How can I sell fanless PC box to ODM in-vehicle customer?

Hi~ Dear All,

I'm a new sales of Nexcom. I have to find customers for myself but I have no idea to do it. I'll feel appreciated, if anyone could help me or give some advise.

1.We have a booth#334 at Cartronics Taipei Exhibitions. How can I use this opportunity to get customers?

2.Dose anyone can recommend some good companies to me? I can offer an evaluation unit for my customer.

3.I want to sell fanless PC box into transportation industry. Our fantastic Nice 3000 series support below feature.

*Networking Wireless LAN/GSM/GPS/GPRS/IEEE1394

*I/O expansion PCI104+, serial I/O, Ethernet I/O *Display VGA/LVDS

Thanls a lot~

Julia Ho

NEXCOM International Co., LTD

juliaho

I would advise you to consider your position carefully. Surely one of the one most important tasks for a salesmen it the ability to approach new customers and if you have no idea how to do it, perhaps you're not cut out for that job.

Of course, you wouldn't just be using your question as an excuse to spam with details of your latest tradeshow and product would you?

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Dear Tom,

Thank for your reply.

If I can't get a help here, I'll try other ways to improve my sales skill. such as reading books or asking my colleagues.

To be a great sales is my dream. I won't give up.

I suppose you have great knowledge in embedded industry.

I'll appreciate your help and answer, if I post a question about embedded industry someday.

Have a good day~

*The harder I work the luckier I get* I believe this word!!

Julia Ho

Tom Lucas =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
Lucky Girlâ„¢

Each communications medium has rules and protocols. You wouldn't stand at trade show and shout for someone to bring you a customer would you? The same thing applies with usenet and this group is for asking questions about embedded computing not for assisting sales people in finding customers.

You are clearly keen and trying on usenet was a good idea but you went about it the wrong way. If you read the group for a while then you will see the sort of industries people work in and what applications they use their designs for. This will give you a clue as to the sort of market you are trying to enter. What won't work is using the group as an audience for your sales pitch. No-one likes being sold to and to most of us it just looks like spam.

I've been doing it for 2 years so I am not a raw recruit but I still have a _lot_ to learn.

I'll see what I can do. However, no-one will do your job for you. As a sales person you need to look at your market and find where your product is likely to be used. If you want it to be automotive then what will it do? DVD? SatNav? How about googling for companies that are in the automotive business selling products that you could use a fanless PC in? At your show then make sure you have a rock-solid demonstration of your PC doing something that is useful in the real world.

My advice is to copy other sales people in your field until you are comfortable enough to pursue new ideas of your own. If you don't know what to do with your trade booth then do nothing - a bad show is worse than no show - but I don't think your manager will like that.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

You are giving far too much braintime to a meritless spammer. Doubtless this is yet another one of those Chinese companies that also spams via email.

Reply to
larwe

Above this point, this was a begging letter from a poor salesman.

Below this point, it was spam.

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "That is enigmatic. That is textbook enigmatic..." - Dr Who
                 "There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas." - N Blackwell

Maybe, but I admire Tom for his reaction.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Or it could actually be just a incompetent salesperson that just doesn't have a clue..

No harm done either way.

Reply to
ziggy