how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?

I use bipolar PM stepping motor for small printer,and I need to
accelerate motor from stand to 1000PPS speed,
But how can I to design first step time and acceleration profile?
stepping motor datasheet have PULL-IN and PULL-OUT Torque data.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?

Maybe this is a good place to start:
<http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/step/

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?
the link have not information about stepping motor acceleration profile.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?

First look at http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID56%800129

then look at the hits at
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stepper+motor+acceleration+profile

    Norm

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?

A trapezoidal profile for velocity, which amounts to a step profile
for acceleration, should be sufficient. I say this because if you
need more sophisticated control than this, a stepper motor will not
do. Most people just drive steppers with pulse-on-off control.

Be aware that steppers have resonance points where the torque goes
to almost 0, so when you sweep the frequency through those points,
the motor may stall.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?
thanks a lot.

I use MCU+MTD2003 to drive bipolar steeping motor,2-2 PHASE. My printer
motor's working process is stand~acceleration(12 step)~continue
speed~deceleration(12 step)~stop.
now, I need to know how to calculate first step time of acceleration
and ramp.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?

A typical small motor like this can reach full speed in 4 steps, so if
your motors base speed was 200pps and top speed was 1000pps then you
could try something like step120%0, step 2= 500, step375%0pps,
step410%00pps reverse the sequence for deacceleration.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?
step120%0, step 2= 500, step375%0pps,
step410%00pps
these are not const acceleration.

Re: how can i design stepping motor acceleration profile?

Stepper motor torque drops as the speed increases, to get the fastest
acceleration you need to take it into account. Those figures are only a
starting point since I have no idea what your actuall setup is. A
little experimenting will get you a long way.

Site Timeline