homebrew DIY SD-card pinout & driver algorithm ?

tells:

You can attach an SD camera memory card to any homebrew DIY > project that has a few I/O pins, using ordinary connectors you probably > have right now. >...an unused 5.25 floppy drive card edge connector...

And the several pictures show that the card is about 9pins wide and uses 7 wires.

But he doesn't give the SD's pin-out. I'm looking for the pinout and the driver algorithm.

Can anybody help please.

== TIA.

Although this NewsGroup still functions well, there are already many other previously good NewsGroups which have been crowed-out by the twittering-idiot-masses. To avoid further displacement of the NNT-protocol by the dumbed-down inefficient clik-blogs, we need to take a stand.

Reply to
AliBama

SD card pinout

SD card source code

don

Reply to
don

That really gave me a chuckle ;-). Have never known something like that exists, very funny.

Rene

Reply to
Rene

ROTFLMAO - best I've seen in a while. Well done Don!

Reply to
Rocky

The simplified specification is publically available at:

In terms of interfacing you are almost certainly best of using the SPI interface since it is the best documented in terms of the freely available specs. It is also a direct connection to any microcontroller with an SPI interface. I wouldn't bother bodging the connection

- SD card connectors are readily available, e.g. the very first supplier I checked:

Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org
Reply to
Andrew Smallshaw

Take a look at the SD card interface PCB and software project here:

Tressie.

Reply to
Trespasser

Oops! I think I meant here:

Tressie.

Reply to
Trespasser

Being cheap is easy, but if the project is worth the time, why not just hunt down a proper SD card slot and be done? They aren't exactly proporiety, everyone and their brother making a card reader managed to find a supply. At worst, buying a $3 reader you could unsolder the one it has.

Point is, it's easy to let people suggest a simple project should cost hundreds instead of $10, or be some kind of concesssion because the project cut corners. Better to eliminate variables, do it as well as possible so if there is a snag you have less to question.

Reply to
kony

ROFL!

Reply to