Hitachi LM238XB Display

hi!

i've got a Hitachi LM238XB display and no idea how to control it.
it has a 20 and a 10 pinning connector onboard.

I'm looking for a hardware description or a plot of a analyzer to see
how i've to communicate with it.

I want to control it with a Atmel or a Xilinx. The are Driver ICs and
a RAM onboard.

thx.

Re: Hitachi LM238XB Display

The LM238B has an HD61830 controller onboard.
My LM213XB is an updated LCD, but the controller works the same, so I
would guess the "X" is just an updated LCD on yours also.

Google the HD61830 and the first hit is
http://shellyinc.com/conchips/HD61830.pdf
which tells you more than you want to know about it, but it does have the

programming info.

The 10 pin is not to be used!
The 20 pin is labeled A1-A20 and on my picture is just pads with the A1
on the left side of the front view.

A1-VSS- Ground
A2 VDD-(+5V)
A3-Vo-LCD power
A4-RS-Register select
A5-R/W-Read/Write
A6-E-Enable
A7-14  DB0-DB7 Data bus
A15-CS-ChipSelect(active low)
A16-RES-Reset(active low)
A17-VEE-(-13.5V)
A18-20 N.C.

The sample for LCD bias is a pot connected to VDD and VEE with the wiper
connected to Vo.

A source for the VEE could be tapping the -12V on a Maxim 232 chip with a

larger cap in the -V charge pump, which is what I did on my LCD terminal:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gdrumm/terminal.htm

Gary

Site Timeline