Hightec GNU cross tools chain for Tricore

Hello,

I am currently trying to cross compile Python 2.4.3 to be embedded in TC1130 step BA board (based on a Tricore processor).

I use a cross tools chain from a company called Highte (gnu_v3341_1_stepB_complete for information)

To do so, I run a script called "configure" which checks the system an creates a relevant configuration file before we compile. (as a usua configure script actually...)

I pass the following options:

--build=i686-pc-linux and --host=tricore-unknown-linux Python is compiled on the "build" system and must be executed on th "host" system

I got the following error:

checking MACHDEP... linux2 checking EXTRAPLATDIR... checking for --without-gcc... no checking for --with-cxx=... no checking for c++... c++ checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling... yes checking for suffix of executables... checking for tricore-gcc... tricore-gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: compiler cannot create executables See `config.log' for more details.

So I check the config.log and it is written:

configure:2296: checking for C compiler default output file name configure:2299: tricore-gcc conftest.c >&5 ld: unrecognised emulation mode: tricorelinux Supported emulations: elf_i386 i386linux

In fact, tricorelinux is a kind of configuration belonging to th tricore-ld binary, and not the native ld binary.

I don"t understand why it calls ld instead of tricore-ld. Few people seem to have met such trouble with their crosstools, no matter what their targe is. Does anybody know this problem ?

Anyway, I remove /usr/bin/ld and replace it by a symbolic link so that th script can find tricore-ld.

This time, I got the "reverse" error. /gnu/install-tricoreLinux/Linux.33/bin/ld: unrecognised emulation mode elf_i386Supported emulations: elf32tricore tricorelinux

It is clear that the configure script needs both linker binaries tricore-ld and the native one.

Any idea to resolv this problem?

Thanks a lot

Reply to
mig73