High Speed USB interface for streaming implementation in FPGA: ULPI or Controller Interface?

Hello, I?m looking for the best High Speed USB interface solution for my FPGA. My application is for the reception of Video Streaming through High Speed USB.

ISP1582 (StEricson) points that : ?The internal generic Direct Memory Access (DMA) block allows easy integration into data streaming applications.? What?s the general behavior of the chip that eases the handling of streaming?

What?s the advantage of ISP1582 (USB Controllers) compared to a transceiver with ULPI interface?

Thanks for your help!

YH
2010-11-26 16:44, YH skrev:

ONe of the key advantages of an integrated parts, is that you do not need that much SRAM inside the FPGA. Do not know about the ISP1582, but the AVR32 based AT32UC3A3256 has 128 kB of internal SRAM, and that can be used to buffer data.

You may also be able to get rid of some synthesizing headaches.

If you can implement what you want in an FPGA and still be able to fit the USB device, without having to increase the FPGA size, then anything but the transceiver will probably add cost.

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson