High speed (230K) RS232 drivers?

Fine wires, usually of an obnoxious color, like blue, yellow, orange or, from literature, "scarlet". Used to jumper routing mistakes ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Didn't look hard enough....

Worth a try.

Martin Riddle

OK, thanks. I'll give this a try.

Reply to
linnix

scarlet is as good as telcos calling grey/gray "slate".

those wires are as funny as old computer boards complete with the "spare" sockets for ICs ready to be added at some later date. There still has to be some silly name for this type of stuff past and "engineering change."

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Telco? You're not going back far enough. I meant as in the color of the "Scarlet Letter"!

Comes in handy though. On one recent board, I implemented enough options that, for the forseeable future, a mere BOM change will cover all contingencies -- and when you, say, jumper a single SMT component that's DNI'd, you don't need any blue wire, just a short bit of bare wire will do. It was supposed to be that way...no one's the wiser. ;-) Contingencies also include cost reduction: I've already laid out replacements for the DC-DC modules ($$), it just has to be called out on the BOM.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

When I worked for DEC in the early 70's, all the backplanes were wired with yellow-white wire. ECO's could be applied with any color wire *but* yellow-white and field service issued blue wire, so that's what it was back then.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Cut off even MORE pins..that will make it faster yet: being Maxim, it is already so fast that few (if anyone) get to see it...

Reply to
Robert Baer

One of the guys I work with really likes Maxim. Apparently when you buy by the millions, Maxim can even deliver parts.

Reply to
krw

Isn't that something? :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I always knew there was *someone* buying their parts. I just didn't know who. ;-)

Reply to
krw